Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

26 Weeks and Breathing a Little Easier

Hello to All!
Well, we made it to 26 weeks!!!  We are thrilled, and so are the doctors.  The next goal is 28 weeks, but we will take every day we can get.  At 26 weeks, the babies are much more developed in their lungs, eyes, and ears.  We aren't out of the dark (I don't think you ever are with ANY pregnancy), but we are feeling much better at this point than we were 3 1/2 weeks ago- that is for sure.  We had our bi-weekly growth ultrasound yesterday, and luckily, Chris, my mom, and my dad were able to make it up to the hospital to be here for it!  Here are some pictures-
Another family picture!! I didn't think this was possible, but our ultrasound tech was good. All 4 baby heads!

Baby A

Baby B- I love her tiny little button nose!

Baby C- He is getting harder and harder to see as he moves backward.

Baby D

A picture my dad snapped during the ultrasound (I was turned around looking at the tv screen)

Everything looked great at the ultrasound.  Baby A weighs 1 lb 15 oz.  Baby B (girl) weighs 1 lb 10 oz.  Baby C weighs 1 lb 12 oz.  Baby D weighs 1 lb 14 oz.  The doctors are VERY pleased with their growth and how the ultrasounds look.  The are each still right around the 50th percentile for weight based one SINGLETON pregnancies which is very exciting.  The difference between the smallest (Baby B) and biggest (Baby A) is only about 15% which is also really great.  Overall, we were thrilled about how the ultrasound went.  Getting ever closer to 2 pounds each, and they start growing faster from here on out, so that is great!  If I last until 30 weeks, they would weigh about 3 pounds each (estimated).

Hospital life is the same as reported before.  I started One Tree Hill from the beginning on Netflix- major flashback to high school!  But it is a mindless show and it has lots of episodes, so I approve.  I am also glad that new fall tv shows started up to fill my nights!  I also got a pedicure today (much needed).  Thank you to Brandie for coming to see me at the hospital!! Life has continued outside these doors, so here are a couple pictures of some of my favorite people =)

Chris and my Dad out for a guys night with my Uncle Mark!

Aleah picking pumpkins out of the garden at our house

Last but not least- my belly picture at 25 weeks 6 days (yesterday)

Hope you all enjoyed!  A lot shorter and less bossy than my last post ;)

Thank you all for your support, thoughts, and prayers!! We are so grateful to have all of you be a part of this journey.  Also, thank you to everyone that has sent cards, flowers, gifts, and other things.  Each time I receive mail it brightens my dad immensely! You all are the best.

Enjoy this beautiful week, and GO BUCKS!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and your growing family! I'm so thankful that everything is going well! You are certainly a good oven for your little waugh-nut buns! :) I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers everyday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another glowing report card for our Fab Four!!! Just got to keep on keepin on!!! Mommy's tummy is a playground & a crock-pot!!! You are doing unbelievable Kacie--we are so proud of you!!! Love you!! �� mama

    ReplyDelete