Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!

What a crazy 2 weeks we have had. Millie was first home. She just wanted a little Mommy time to herself! Owen was second home a couple days behind Millie. Would have never guessed he would have been the first boy home! The two smallest were the first two home.






Dylan started out the madness by having to have some tests done in the middle of the night one night after Millie and Owen were home because he was having some increased spells. Everything turned out great with him, but it was a long couple of days of worrying! We had 4 doctors appointments in one week and 3 trips to the hospital for Millie and Owen. Millie and Owen got a bit sick with a cold after they got home. Because they are preemies and their immune systems and lungs are not fully developed, a cold hits them pretty hard. That necessitated our ER trips. It ended up that both Millie and Owen were admitted to Children's hospital because of a cold. That is how dangerous it is for them to be sick. 







So! We actually had a night at home with no babies. It was so sad! The madness continued when I found out I have the flu. I am on Tamiflu now, but I have to stay away from the babies for 5 days or longer if I am still not feeling well. That means I can't spend Christmas with my little ones which is heartbreaking! I am quarantined at my grandparents house. Jackson and Dylan came home the day I found out I was sick, so I wasn't able to be there for their homecoming which was super sad. I wasn't able to have my final closure with the OSU NICU or able to say goodbye and thank you to some of the most precious people (the nurses) that I have ever met. I could never repay them for the love they showed my babies and for keeping me company during all the days I spent there. Forever grateful! We will be back to visit once cold and flu season is over!!



The Waugh area empty of all Waugh-Nuts! Both happy and sad. 


So, we had 2 home again. The next day Millie joined Jackson and Dylan back at home. Then 2 more doctor appointments followed. Owen is still at Children's NICU. Not sure when he will make it home yet. Wish I could just cuddle my little man, but I know I can't because I am sick. These babies are already giving this Momma grey hair! 

Our little family will do our Christmas celebrating once we are all together again! Hopefully by New Years. Until then, I will savor each picture and update I get. Chris even drives them by on the way to and from doctor appointments so I can look through the window! Gotta do what ya gotta do. So, because flu and cold season is so bad this year and our babies are so susceptible to getting sick, our house is going into quarantine. We won't be able to have any visitors until the season is over. No visit times have been added to the Care Calendar, only meals. We are so sad no one will be able to see the little ones when they are so little, but their health is most important and that is what we have to put first. We want to thank you all again for your support and love for our babies! We appreciate you all so much. And a special thank you to Chris, my parents, and Chris' parents for being so willing to give their time (and sleep) to help while I've been sick and for dealing with my need for copious updates :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! We made it through 2014 and are so blessed. 

2 comments:

  1. I dont remember how i came across your blog but i love reading about the babies and the updates and seeing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random question..where did u get their adorable personalized blankets?

    ReplyDelete