Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

28 Weeks- We Made It!!


Hello Everyone!

Well it was a FAB day in room 684 yesterday! First, we reached 28 Weeks of keeping these bambinos growing on the inside! What a happy day. This was the original goal when we first found out about the Quads, and it is crazy to know that as of today we have surpassed that goal! Woohoo!  Also, yesterday we had a growth scan to see how the babies are growing. Would you believe me if I told you that the little girl grew 1lb 2oz since our last scan?! Believe it! Baby A weighed in at 2lb 10oz. Baby B (girl) weighed 2lb 8oz. Baby C weighed 2lb 3oz. Baby D weighed 2lb 7oz. Of all of the babies, Baby Cs measurement is the least accurate because it is getting so hard to see him during the ultrasounds. We also got to chat with my regular OB doctor which was great. Both of my doctors are thrilled I have made it to 28 Weeks, and they are also thrilled about the weights. Of course, every single day counts in this pregnancy, but our next big goal will be 30 Weeks! 13 days to go! 

At 30 Weeks, if we make it there, we will start having biophysicals for each baby twice a week. Also, unless something happens before, we will get our second round of steroids at 30 weeks. Until then, we will keep doing the contraction monitor twice a day, and we are upping the ultrasounds for heartbeats to twice a day as well. Exciting times. We could meet these little ones any day now which is both amazing and crazy and scary at the same time. It always seemed so far away, but we are here! 

I have been hospitalized on bed rest for almost 6 weeks now! Can you believe it? The days are long sometimes, but the weeks have gone by quickly! Chris and my family have been great about visiting and bringing me food. Can I just say one of the worst things about being in the hospital this long is the food! I can hardly get it down anymore, so I look forward to the times when Chris or my family bring me something! The hospital is not horrible, and my nurses are great. As I get further along, it is getting harder. I have good days and bad, but the good outweigh the bad. I have only left my room 6 times total since I've been here, and 3 of those times were to go to my ultrasounds! I am missing lots in the outside world including my favorite fall weather, but it is worth it! Also, this weekend I am missing my mom's 50th birthday (today) and my princess Aleah's 4th birthday and her party (Sunday). 

Well that is about all that is going on in the world of the Waugh-Nuts! Thank you all for keeping up with our journey and for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers! We love receiving all of the cards and gifts, and we thank you all for your generosity. I can only write this from my phone because it is hard for me to type on my computer (the t-rex arms may be accurate), so I can't add any pictures! Maybe next time. 

Have a great weekend everyone!


2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job, Quadmama!!! Babies are thriving thanks to all your hardwork!! Can't wait to meet the little sweeties when the time is right...love you six to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a common flavonoid, luteolin can treat various diseases like inflammatory disorders, hypertension and cancer. From here: www.nfextracts.com/luteolin-supplements. This is why luteolin supplements are so popular in our daily life.

    ReplyDelete