Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

29 Weeks and Counting!

Hello everyone!!

We can't believe it (tell that to my body), but we have made it to 29 Weeks 2 Days as of today! What a blessing for us and for the Waugh-Nuts who continue to have the opportunity to grow and develop inside my belly. It is so much better and so much healthier and less risky for them to stay inside to grow. We are really hoping to push to 30 Weeks which now does not seem too far off!

I have been hospitalized for 7 Weeks tomorrow! Can you imagine? The days can be long, but overall it has gone by relatively quickly. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is just a short period of my life, and it will be over soon! Hospital life is definitely getting harder not mentally, but just physically. Although I think my body would be protesting no matter if I was here or at home. My belly is just feeling so big! All good news for the babies because it means they are growing, but it makes it harder for Momma to breathe, eat, sit up, walk, sleep, get comfortable, etc. I pretty much feel like a giant whale flopping around whose skin feels like it's about to rip in two. I have to get all of this down so I can remind those little ones (and myself) what hospital life was like. Oh and the food is horrid. Thankfully, I have some marvelous family members and friends that have supplied me with "normal" food more and more recently. The babies and I thank you more than we can express. It is not easy eating an extra 1200-1500 calories a day, let me tell you. 

As far as what has been going on- it has been a little more exciting around here lately. I have finally felt my first contractions, and I had a couple of rough nights trying to get them to stop. The first night, the doctors gave me IV fluids and a medicine called procardia to try to stop the contractions. Didn't get much sleep that night! It seemed to work, but as soon as the medicine wore off the next day, the contractions were back and stronger than ever. At that point, they moved me to the Labor & Delivery side of the floor for closer monitoring. We did some Non Stress Tests on the babies, and I was put on s liquid diet in case babies were coming. They started me on a medicine called Magnesium through my IV. Mag can have some pretty horrible side effects, but luckily my body did not mind it. I got a little dizzy at first, but that was it. The Mag helps stop contractions and it is also good for the bsbies neurologically, but you can't be on it indefinitely really. I kept the Mag on for about 12 hours and stayed the night in L&D for closer monitoring (meaning they wake you each hour). So again, not much sleep! So, luckily, by the next morning my contractions were back down to normal, so they did another NST on the babies before sending me back to my regular room. I hadn't I had anything to eat for 24 hours, so I pretty much ate and slept the whole day. The next morning, I woke up with some contractions again, so they sent me back over to L&D.  They monitored me there and gave me procardia, but I didn't have any more contractions once I got there. I also went on a long field trip in my hospital bed to the Ross Heart Hospital (still at OSU but different building). They did an ultrasound on my legs to make sure I didn't have any blood clots. Glamorous life I tell you! Once I got back from that, I was allowed to go back to my regular room again, and I've been here since then. Catching up on sleep and eating. 

Pretty much, the plan is to stop anything that we can so long as the babies look fine (up to this point they always have). My "final date" is November 19. So, in some way or another, those babies will be here sometime in the next month! Exciting and scary all at the same time. I was able to get my second round of steroids, so that is also good news! Hopefully another growth scan this week showing 3lbs or more. The whole hospital seems to be on alert that the babies could be here in the next 4 hours, 4 days, or 4 weeks depending on how things progress, and I feel like I am in great hands. There is a plan that will be put in action no matter what happens, and I am thankful for my doctors as well as all the others doctors for taking such great care of us!

Thank you all for continuing to follow our journey. We love you all and thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully these little tiny ones can stay put for awhile longer, but no matter when they come we hope for an easy and non-complicated delivery (as much as that can happen with 50+ people in the OR) and for 4 healthy babies who will need help but who will be little troopers and survivors in this world! You all are the best. Thank you again for reading, and GO BUCKS! I am pretty much prohibited from having any symptoms on game days, so I think today will be great!


2 comments:

  1. We are so happy!!! It's very tough going now for Kacie, but the Waughnuts are thriving & enjoying the comfy life in mamas belly!!! Kacies belly is all out front & looks ready to BURST!!! She is sore & tired, but determined to give the Fab Four the best start as they prepare to come out & meet the world!!! Thank you all for your cards, gifts, prayers, meals, concern, help, encouragement, and well-wishes!! Your thoughtfulness has made this much easier & been a big blessing. We truly appreciate your interest & kindness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a common flavonoid, luteolin can treat various diseases like inflammatory disorders, hypertension and cancer. From here: www.nfextracts.com/luteolin-supplements. This is why luteolin supplements are so popular in our daily life.

    ReplyDelete