Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

The Week of the Doctor Appointments

Hello again everyone!  This weekend was filled with lots of fun for me which was much needed.  Bonus- I felt great all weekend (we won't talk about Thursday).  On Friday I headed to some garage sales around town with my brother Nick.  His big find?  A lava lamp circa 1970 for a whopping $2.00.  I can't make this stuff up.  After that we went swimming again.  Every single time I get out of the pool the weight of my stomach really hits me all at once, and seeing pictures lets me know real quick just how big that sucker is getting.

13 Weeks Picture

Saturday was my dad's birthday, so I got donuts for him for breakfast (Jolly Pirate- my personal favorite).  After, I went with my dad and grandpa to an auction at the oldest house in our small town.  Let me just say, good thing I have 4 little ones on the way or I would have been leaving that place with a lot less money than I came with!  The antiques that the lady that lived in the house had (and their condition) were remarkable.  I actually ran into a lady there that recognized me from reading my blog even though I didn't know her.  How cool is that?!  Thank you all again for reading and keeping up with our journey =)  Saturday night we went out to dinner for my dad's birthday with the whole fam then over to my grandparents house for dessert where Aleah proceeded to tell me, "I really love your belly.  It has a really big bump on it!"  I just adore that child so much!

Darling Aleah at dinner.  The only picture I took- I need to get better at that!

As for Sunday?  We won't talk about my 5 movie marathon session.  A girl has to rest up for 4 doctor appointments in one week, right?

Not only did I lay around ALL day, but I also ate this entire Cinnabon =) Don't judge me.

Today we had our first doctor appointment of the week with my regular OB.  I cannot even begin to explain to you how nervous I get before each and every one of these appointments.  I know in my head there is physically nothing that I can do (aside from not exerting myself too much, and I've got that one VERY under control!), but I still can't shake my nerves before the appointments.  I think anyone would feel that way, but, if you know me, I get nervous about anything like that to begin with!  Not to mention I over-analyze everything.  Every little pull or stretch or cramp or pain I feel brings on this little voice in my head that says, "Is this normal?"  I have gotten a little bit better about it because my high risk doctor said at my last appointment that anything I have felt to that point must be normal for my body because the babies looked great.  I take a little bit of solace in that.

Anyways!  On to the babies =)  Once again, they are PERFECT!  Seriously, straight A's for this bunch.  They are all growing at or above the rate they should be (between 13 weeks 4 days and 13 weeks 6 days- I am currently 13 weeks 4 days, so perfect!).  They are pretty much within .2cm of the length of each other, and their heart rates are all very close to the same.  And, bonus (if you want to look at it that way!), I finally gained 5 pounds!  Five pounds in 10 days- if you could see my face right now.  But, it is good news for the little ones since I hadn't gained any weight yet.  My doctor said that Baby B was doing jazzercise in there, and you could see it!  Every time she tried to get the heart rate the baby would push it's legs off the side of its sac to get away from her- it was too funny!  That is usually how Baby C is, but Baby C was scrunched today, poor thing.  Baby C will likely move towards the back to have more room as the pregnancy continues.

Baby A (always lounging)
Heart Rate- 157. Length- 7.4cm.

Baby B (do you see that spine?!)
Heart Rate- 159. Length- 7.73cm.

Baby C (hard to get a picture of this time- he or she is being scrunched all up in the middle)
Heart Rate- 159. Length- 7.72cm.

Baby D (the only picture we got!)
Heart Rate- 159. Length- 7.7cm.

Stay tuned- I will update lots this week with all of my appointments!  I have an echo tomorrow, the high risk doctor on Wednesday, and the cardiologist on Thursday- wish us luck! 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well....I at least got it in reverse order!! Congrats on 3 boys and 1 girl!

      Delete
  2. Hee hee - so great to meet you in person! I ended up with some glass bottles - very cool auction. So tickled to see the babies! Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get anything, but I so loved the furniture! My grandpa came away with some new bills =) Great to meet you!

      Delete
  3. You are doing a super job doll,and this was your most adventurous week yet!!! Your little ones are gonna appreciate how well you're already taking care of them!!�� Love ya bunches! MAMA

    ReplyDelete