Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July to you all!  Bittersweet today because usually I spend this weekend with my husband and his family down at "The Spot" on the Ohio River.  Not this year!  But I am thinking of them all, and I so wish that I could be there to celebrate with them!  Chris still went down, and my dad, siblings, and Aleah are going to go down for the day tomorrow to join in the festivities.  Aleah loves Chris' parents =)

As for me, the week of the doctor appointments continued!  On Tuesday, I had an appointment to get an echo exam.  I was clueless, but I am learning a lot about the medical field!  It was an ultrasound of my heart and all the pieces and parts of my heart to make sure it was functioning the way it should be.  Really weird to see your heart working while you can feel it working at the same time.  That only took about an hour and we were on our way back home.  Good thing because that morning was ROUGH.  Didn't someone say that morning sickness was supposed to get better after the first trimester?!  My body really needs clued in.

My mom captures the most random times =)

Nap Time for Aleah and I

Wednesday was fun!  I got together with a friend from middle school, Jordan, and her little boy.  Aleah had a blast, and I got a glimpse of what Aleah will be like bossing the little ones around =)  Jordan is also expecting and is just one week ahead of me.  You wouldn't know that by looking at us!  You wouldn't know she was pregnant if you didn't know her, but I am HUGE!  I think you could see me coming from the next town over.  It was great talking to someone my age that already has been through all the pregnancy ups and downs and is going through it again!  None of my close friends or Chris' close friends have had any kids yet, so we are kinda in the dark here, although we do have LOTS of doctor appointments and read a lot.  I forgot to take pictures!

I also saw my high risk doctor on Wednesday.  My mom, dad, and Aleah tagged along for this trip.  We got another clean bill of health for the Waugh-Nuts!  They just did a quick scan this time and measured all of their heart beats (not all that different from two days prior).  They also measured the fluid in each baby's sac which they will continue to do to make sure that they all have enough fluid and no baby is losing their fluid.  All of the fluids were normal.  This is the first week that they also did the cervical exam for me which will be continued for the rest of my pregnancy.  They measure the length of my cervix to see if the pressures are starting to take any toll yet which can lead to even earlier labor.  Once my cervix gets "too short," that is likely when I will go on bed rest or hospitalized bed rest depending on the time frame.  They said they like to see the length over 25mm, and mine was 33mm, so that was good news!  I now also have to start taking protein.  Like the kind my brother takes to "bulk up."  GROSS.  So, my mom got me some of the non-flavored powder kind that I am hoping I can add to smoothies without being able to taste it.  It smells like baby formula!  I also got some protein bars- wish me luck!  That kind of stuff always grosses me out because, no matter what they say, you can taste the extra protein or vitamins or whatever it is.  I always gag.  Here are the pictures of the little ones from the high risk doctor.

Baby A

Baby B

Baby C

Baby D

Wednesday night I got to spend some quality time with my hubby.  We watched Masterchef, and Aleah tagged along on our date.  My mom made us some snacks in bed while we watched =)


Thursday was the Cardiologist appointment.  She said that everything from my echo exam of my heart that I had on Tuesday was completely normal.  BUT, I have to wear this heart monitor (it is not cute whatsoever) that is going to be like a continuous EKG on my heart for 30 DAYS!  One whole month of this- are you kidding me?!  So, I have this massive cell phone looking thing with me at all times with four wires hooked up to my chest.  Aleah pretty much thinks I am an alien, and she told me the wires were taking out parts of my heart.  I love that child.  I will get a picture for you all next time.  Thursday night I got to catch up with my best friend Alyson.  I was feeling adventurous, so we went out to dinner then came back and chased lightening bugs with Aleah, had a fire in the fire pit out back, and watched the fireworks that someone (with lots of extra cash) was putting on in the neighborhood behind my parents house.  It was like our own personal show!

Aleah has also taken to sleeping in my bed, so this is what I woke up to this morning.  What a doll!  I hope you all have a safe and fun Fourth of July!  Thank you for spending a small portion of it with us =)




No comments:

Post a Comment