Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baby Pictures Galore =) 17 weeks 4 days

What a day!  Yesterday, we had our big "anatomy scan" day at the high risk doctor.  This was the ultrasound where they literally measured every single little thing of each baby.  Things like the stomach, heads, each bone of the arms and legs, found all of the organs, eye sockets, feet, hands, different parts of the brain, different parts of the heart, spine, etc.  It was CRAZY to see how much they had grown and how much detail they could get for all of these body parts.  Very exciting to see!  It was also exciting because we were able to get a couple more "family" shots which I did not think we were going to be able to do again because they were getting so big.  Our ultrasound tech was really awesome, and she let me have all the breaks I needed (which was a lot!).  After the first "session" (most of Baby A's measurements), I started to get light headed and almost passed out.  That was a treat!  It came on so quick... all of a sudden I was spinning and dripping sweat and going in and out.  They quickly turned me onto my side and within a matter of probably 3 minutes I was fine again.  When I am laying back on the ultrasound table like that, the weight of my belly cuts off a major source of blood supply to my body.  Always keeping things interesting!  

Throughout all of the picture taking, if we were focused on one baby, the others were trying to get in on the action.  It was hilarious!  They also went through an entire BOTTLE of ultrasound gel for me during this visit.  Living the dream.  Are you all ready for tons of baby pictures?  I have over 50 pictures, but here is a sampling of my favorites along with some information about each bambino.

Family Pictures

All 3 of the boys heads all lined up in a row- too funny!

Family Picture! (the next family picture is my favorite)

Family Picture!  A's butt and legs (definitely a boy!), B's head, C's belly area, and D's head!

We got some 3D imagines!  This one shows Baby A and Baby C right next to each other with the wall in between them.  The ultrasound tech said "don't worry!  They are not nearly as close as they look, and they have plenty of room in there to move around.  They are just staying close to each other by choice!"

Baby A

-Definitely a BOY!
-Weighs 8 ounces (he is the biggest of all of the babies- has been since the beginning!)
-Has great fluid, and the most room!
-Every other measurement was perfect and right on track.
-He is measuring 18 weeks 1 day  (compared to singleton pregnancies)
-His heart rate was 152 bpm

Profile view

Definitely a BOY!

Baby A's tiny feet!  They are actually only about 1 inch.

Skeletor (face)

Baby A's 3D Image.  You can see the face, body, and arm going down to his side =)

BABY B

-Definitely a GIRL (thank heavens with all those boys!)
-Weighs 7 ounces (she is the smallest of the bunch, which is normal)
-She has plenty of fluid to move around (she is moving to my left side).  The ultrasound tech said she was taking full advantage of all of her space by flipping around and upside down multiple times while we were trying to get her measurements =)
-Heart Rate was 150 bpm
-She is measuring 17 weeks 4 days (the exact length of my pregnancy)

Profile (she looks more dainty than the boys!)

Baby B's foot

Skeletor (face) with a hand waving to us and you all!

Baby B's 3D image- you can see the side of her head (her ear) with her hand curled up by her face.

They did a 4D of Baby B, so we could see her moving around in 3D which was awesome!

BABY C

-Heart Rate was 143 bpm
-Baby D kept kicking Baby C when we were trying to get the measurements (so the fighting starts already)
-Baby C kept moving his mouth like he was chomping on something- it was adorable.
-Definitely a BOY!
-Weighs 8 ounces
-Has plenty of space to move around even though he is in the middle (plenty of fluids)
-He is measuring 17 weeks 6 days

Definitely a BOY!  Chris likes to point out the size for all of the boys lol

Baby C's feet

Profile

Baby C's 3D image- you can see the face and body with a little arm action.

BABY D

-Weighs 8 ounces
-The only baby that had his legs all stretched out to full length during the ultrasound
-Definitely a BOY!
-Heart rate was 145 bpm
-Baby D was still mostly up and down on my right side (that is what that huge bulge is!)
-He is measuring 17 weeks 6 days

Definitely a boy!!

Skeletor!

Profile Picture (you can see the legs in there, too!)

Skeletor with a little wave

Baby D's 3D Image- his little head, body, and arm up by his ear.

Another 3D Image for Baby D with his hand in front of his face.

After we got all of the baby's measurements, they did the cervix check/measurement for me.  It is coming in at 36mm which is GREAT!  They also checked the cysts on my ovaries which all seem to be getting smaller (finally) and progressing normally.  My doctor said she is very proud of me and very proud of my progress.  The difference in the size of the biggest baby (Baby A) and the smallest baby (Baby B) is only about 12%, which is really no big deal, especially when they are still so small and because the girls are typically smaller than the boys anyways.  She said things could not be going any better at this point.  She also said that my growth (as in my MASSIVE baby bump and my weight gain) is going really well.  She wants to keep me out of the hospital for as long as possible, so if I am still looking this great around 23 weeks, I will continue to stay home until it looks like I would be better off in the hospital.  It was seriously a great appointment and a great day overall.  Things could not be going any better, so I am going to just keep doing what I have been doing!  Thank you all for keeping up with our journey and for sending so many good thoughts and prayers for us and the Waugh-Nuts our way.  We could not do any of this without such great support from our awesome families and our friends!  Until next time, I am off to continue my ride from yesterday on Cloud 9!


4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see your 4 beautiful babies in such detail!! So glad to hear that you and your little ones are progressing so nicely! As always....I love reading your blog Kacie. Thanks for sharing this amazing journey with us! Continued prayers for the 6 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so terrific. Looking at the little faces, I just want to cry for the sheer magnitude of your blessing, and the wonder of life. Everyone is so healthy too! It truly fills me with joy, and I am so happy for you and Chris to embark on this amazing adventure... I can hardly contain myself reading each new blog post, so I can imagine how entirely overwhelmed and amazed you are! Keep up all the great work, Kacie. Your body is in overdrive!!! XOXO, alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a common flavonoid, luteolin can treat various diseases like inflammatory disorders, hypertension and cancer. From here: www.nfextracts.com/luteolin-supplements. This is why luteolin supplements are so popular in our daily life.

    ReplyDelete