Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Baby Shower (aka the highlight of my summer)

Hi all!  First, let me start off with a little update about what has been going on.  I made it to 15 weeks!  With that, it seems that my nausea is getting a little better.  I have had a pretty great week overall, and I have been able to get out of the house some which is awesome.  I am definitely starting to get bigger, though, so my belly feels like it starts to get heavy and sore if I am up too much or too long.  Also, strangely enough, the bottoms of my feet are KILLING me.  What is up with that?  I bribed Chris the other night- he could get Zamarelli's Pizza (WAY too greasy for me at this point) if I got a foot rub! haha  Here are some pictures from the week:
15 Weeks!

Photo shoot with Aleah during my sister Haley and her fiance's engagement pictues

Aleah with my aunt/uncle/cousin's new little pup!

Out to eat with Haley and Aleah (I was craving Olive Garden)

The rest of the week was pretty much devoted to resting up for my baby shower. A bunch of Chris and I's family and friends planned the most fun and cute shower for us yesterday, so this blog post is going to be pretty much dedicated to that.  I mean it was pretty much the social event of my entire summer (I don't get out much).  It was so great for me to see everyone that I haven't been able to see for so long.  So many of our friends and family came- it was great!  My parents had the shower at their house, and MY WORD, my mom and the rest of the hostesses did such a great job decorating- it was so so cute!  I was overwhelmed with everyone that was able to make it and with all of the support and love they showed for us.  One thing I have definitely learned on this journey is just how blessed we are and how many people truly love us and care about our little (is 6 people little?!) family.  I will let the pictures do a lot of the talking! =)

Little Flags (they said "Quads!") and baby decor on the mantle

All of the guests signed a baby book (Guess How Much I Love You) for the guest book

My mom got out lots of my old baby stuff and pictures =)

My sister found this AWESOME vintage ad for Carnation Milk from the 40s or 50s about 2 sets of Quads born then!

All of Chris' baby pictures

Some more of my baby pictures

Our adorable cake made by someone I went to law school with.  Thank you Genevieve!

My dad (yes, you read that correctly) made this diaper cake!

The Sign-in Table

The dessert table.  My mom also made chocolate covered pretzels and rice krispies dipped in colored chocolate.  Would you believe we ate almost that entire cake?!

The "hot seat" and a seat for Alyson who helped write everything down for me!

My cousin Emily made this sign so people could visit my blog!  It was so cute.  She also decorated the dry erase board and made some signs for the road along with MANY other things.  Not to mention she got me one of the sweetest gifts.  I appreciated her and her hard work and help so much during the shower =)

Obligatory Belly Picture before the shower

Please tell me you guys aren't getting sick of Aleah... if you are TOO BAD!  She is the sunshine in my daily life.

Yummo food!  Thank you to everyone that brought something!  Both Nanas, Alyson, Krista, Kari, Cathy, my mom- it was delicious!

The drink area

So, for those of you that don't know us very well, I call Chris "Little Pup."  He is going to just die when he reads this.  Well, how perfect is this onesie my mom found!  There will be a new pup in town =)

Aleah was so thrilled for the "baby party," and she was my little helper all day.  She was seriously just the sweetest thing all day- I will never forget it.  To top it all off, she begged to take her night night with me after the shower. Such a doll!

My sister Haley and I

My friend Alyson and I

My mother-in-law Lori and I

My mom Karla and I


We had a diaper raffle, and WOW, I could not believe how many we got!  My Aunt Krista even surprised me and collected some from people that I only distantly know and some other friends that were not at the shower.  How lucky we are to have you all in our lives and to have you all share our journey with us.  THANK YOU!!  Your gift and the kind words that came with them are very much appreciated and something I will not forget!

My friend Brittany and I

My mom running the games.  She put on her teacher hat and got the job done- she even had a whistle!  Crack me up.  The big winners were Amanda, Marge, Alyson, Annie, and Maddie!

So many people were able to come- it was great!  It was also 80 degrees in there by the time everyone left haha

Alyson and her mom Becky 

My friend Mindi and I

The Wiseman and Waugh bunch holding down the kitchen post =)

My mom and my cousin Lyndsay

Little helper bee Aleah helping me with gifts

So special!  My grandma (Nancy) made four blankets (one for each baby) by hand!  They are all different, and they are all so cute!  What a thoughtful gift, and I know she worked her tush off on them.  She even got a round of applause from the crowd =)

More of the guests 


How cute are these little preemie outfits that my cousin Emily got me.  They are way smaller than they look in this picture!

Brittany was in charge of taking pictures.  This was the selfie she gave me.  I told her it was of blog quality! =)

So she got me back with my own horrible picture.  Touche.

My sister in law Brittany and I

My friend Jackie and I


My cousins Lyndsay and Jen- Thank you so much for making the trip!

My cousins Lyndsay and Morgan

So, you can see, it was just so much fun!  By then end of it, I was beyond exhausted.  I must say, I slept better last night than I have slept in WEEKS!  It was glorious.  Still tired today, but just thinking and remembering all of the people that came yesterday and how much love they showed us.  Again, THANK YOU to you all for everything that you did, for coming to the shower, and for the gifts for the little ones.  It was such a fun day, and I hope to cap off this awesome week by finding out definitively the GENDERS of the four little ones this Wednesday at my appointment.  Stay tuned, I am so so excited to find out!  Any predictions out there?!


9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited and I look for the updates everyday! You're doing an amazing job! I can't wait to find out the genders! :) I wonder what relation they will be to me? Danny Waugh is my cousin, Picky is my uncle.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! Who knows what kind of relation that would be =)

      Delete
  2. Hello Kacie!
    A thousand congrats on your pregnancy with your quadruplets; God blessed you with four, and that's so great to hear! I've been following your blog, and each new update just brings so much joy! My name is Sophia, and one of my friends actually showed me your blog, and I instantly fell head over heels for your journey! Keep up the good work, and hold those babies in as long as you can so they can be big and healthy and strong :) I would love to chat with you and get to know such a strong woman like yourself. Please feel free to email me back at sophiastarling@gmail.com and hopefully we can chat! I have a Skype account too, and I would love to see you face to face!
    Sending lots of love!
    -Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I have been thinking about some sort of "Contact Us" page, so I will have to look into it more =)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kacie,
    I am your mother's cousin. I learned of your quadruple blessing and blog through your aunts, Kari & Krista on facebook. You are gorgeous just like your momma! What an amazing adventure God has sent you and your husband on! (well, your whole family really) I look forward to following your adventure. It has only just begun! :) You have a great group of supportive friends and family. Those babies are already surrounded by love!
    I will be sending prayers and best wishes from Illinois!
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting!! Thank you so much for reading and keeping up with what is going on in our world!

      Delete
  4. Hi Kacie,

    I hope you don't mind me writing to you, I am a freelance TV Producer and I am working on a documentry series about pregnancy, in particular high order multiples. I was reading your blog, its beautifully written and would love to talk to you about possibly featuring in our series for Discovery and the TLC network.

    It would be great to have a chat with you if you are interested in hearing more. My email is nchannell@cineflix.com - it would be lovely to tell you a bit more about the series and find out a bit more about you and those 4 lovely babies!

    Huge congratulations and I hope to hear from you soon,

    Kind Regards,

    Naomi Channell
    Producer

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEST CELEBRATION EVER!!! Love you to bits!!

    ReplyDelete