Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

20 Weeks!

Hello Everyone!
Well, it feels like I have officially hit the wall.  I was starting to feel it last week, but this week it has definitely set in.  I do not think I will be leaving the house anymore for anything other than doctor appointments.  It is just too hard and it hurts my body too much that it is not worth it.  So, if you haven't guessed, that means I am HUGE.  Lately, I have been measuring how much I am growing by the status of my belly button.  It is starting to pop out, which is terrifying and gross.  Aleah is very concerned about this development.  The skin is also EXTREMELY sensitive.  Actually the skin over my whole stomach is extremely sensitive.  I feel like I have very noticeably grown in the last 1-2 weeks.  My stomach is now starting to grow wider (since Baby B and Baby D are both on the sides).  It is not really a "bump" anymore- more like a mass growing and taking over my midsection.  It continues to amaze me every day that my body is able to handle the pressures and the stretching to accommodate 4 little ones growing inside of me.  Maybe next week I will do a bare belly shot?  People have been asking....
19 Weeks

20 Weeks
Last week started with Aleah being sick, and then the sickness took over the whole house.  Everyone seemed to get sick (at least a little bit).  I was using hand sanitzer and Lysol wipes, showering, and washing my hands like it was my job.  By some miracle, I did not get sick!  Thank heavens, because any little thing like that could land me in the hospital.  Because of the sickness in the house, we did not have the garage sale last weekend.  So, now it is on for this weekend!  Friday and Saturday out in front of my parents' house if anyone is interested =)
My dad, asleep in the coffin pose (in the hammock) while he was sick

Aleah drew this lovely picture of Uncle Chris (she says it looks just like him!)

I told you we were preparing for a garage sale............

We also had to say goodbye to our childhood dog Lucky.  We have had her since she was born, and she lived a good, long life of 18.5 years!
Chris also got home from Chicago (he was there for work).  He had a good time, but he wished I was there to explore Chicago with him at night- what a guy!  He was doing some continuing education which was hilarious for me because he had to take a test at the end of the week-long training!  It has always been me going to school, studying, and taking tests, so of course I had to make fun of him and rub it in.  He pretty much hates all things to do with schooling in large doses.  Good news is that he passed his test =) and he got to go to a couple of concerts while he was there (his favorite thing to do).
On Friday, Chris surprised me by taking off work and spending the day with me- it was great!  Someone to entertain me for the entire day.  In the morning, I went to get my "last haircut."  Miss Aleah got her first haircut, too!  Then Chris went with me to my "last dental visit" in the afternoon.  My life is filled with fun these days.  By the end of the day, though, I had worked myself into such a tizzy about whether some of the things that I was feeling were normal.  So, to ease my mind, we ended up going to the hospital.  Because I am over 16 weeks now, we get to bypass the ER and go straight up to the Labor and Delivery floor at OSU where they have an ER area of sorts solely for pregnant women.  To say this experience was a million percent better than going to the ER is a complete understatement.  It was quick, all of the doctors know exactly what they are looking for, and they have all of the equipment they need right there.  Needless to say, everything looked fine, and I now know that those feelings I was having are my "new normal."  It all ended up working out for Chris because we picked up Adriatico's Pizza on the way home since we were close.  The boy loves his pizza.

I cannot even begin to tell you how big of a diva this girl is.  She loved getting pampered =)


Do you see that grin?!
Saturday night, Chris' parents Dan and Lori came up and we went to dinner at Z Cucina in Grandview.  We have been there before, but it was SO GOOD this time.  Everyone raved.  It was great to spend some time with them and talk about all of the latest developments since we do not get to see them as much as we would like.  Maybe that will change soon!
Other than that, it has been a lot of reading, watching tv, being extremely hormonal, and hanging around for me.  I have had some visitors at the house which is fun.  I started to look for used minivans online.  Holy EXPENSIVE!  Who would have thought that something that no one really wants would be so expensive.  If anyone out there can find me a deal- speak up now!  I can't believe I am going to be driving a minivan.  I think that is the hardest reality for me to face (pathetic I know).  My mom and I also picked up some more "stuff" from Babies R Us- really wish there was one closer.  It is such a hike to get there!  We still have a few more things to pick up from Babies R Us and Target, but I am waiting to get the "Complete my Registry" coupon that both stores send.  Every little bit counts!
Yesterday, I had my 19 week appointment with my high risk doctor.  Everything is looking awesome!  Baby A and Baby C each weigh 12 ounces (both boys).  Baby D (boy) weighs 11 ounces, and Baby B (girl) weighs 10 ounces.  So, they weigh about as much as a can of pop.  All of these are perfect weights for their age! =)  They were star students again, and my Doctor is really thrilled about my progress.  She tells me to just keep doing what I am doing because it is working!  My cervix is measuring 30 mm which is also great (they like to see above 20).  So, for now, we are just going to keep on keeping on with the appointments every week and measuring my cervix every other week (when I go to the high risk doctor).  No hospital yet for me!  But I am aware that could change at any time.  Now time for some pictures (they are a little out of order, but I have labeled them all).
Baby D's face (skeletor).

A family picture of sorts, although you cannot really see parts of each baby.  They are getting too big and spread out for that!

Baby C's face.

Baby B's foot

Baby B waving hello =)

Baby A's profile

Baby D is actually up and down (with his head down) on my right side

Can you believe that? Baby B

Baby A's profile
Baby D is on the left and Baby A is on the right- they are filling out a lot more than the last time we got 3D images!

Baby A

Baby C on the left and Baby D on the right

Baby D (you can see pretty much his whole body!)

Baby B (the girly girl)
Now that we have reached week 20 (and beyond), we have definitely entered the "scary time."  So much can go wrong during this time because my body is just so big that it wants to go into labor but, obviously, the little ones are too small to survive outside of the womb yet.  The magic week of viability is 24 weeks which is when babies are able to survive outside of the womb (although they do not always because they are still very very small at 24 weeks).  The real goal is 28 weeks and beyond.  Please please please keep the little ones in your thoughts and prayers over the next couple of weeks that they will continue to grow and that they stay tucked away inside for as long as possible.  Every day counts at this point.  Also, be thinking of me during this time because my nerves are shot.  I know there is nothing that I can do to change any outcome- they are going to come when they come.  But, it is still hard not to worry because we so want to meet our little ones and to have a happy and healthy family.
Thank you all for your kind words and for following along.  We could not do it without you!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your unique experiences with us. You and the babies will be included in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kacie I too will keep you and the babies in my prayers. Best of luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete